Sunday, February 22, 2015

"Peanut Butter" Chocolate Squares

Here's what I don't get... people who complain about their circumstance, but do nothing to change it. If you don't make steps to move forward than you have lost the right to complain. Holding onto to the past or bitterness is only hurtful to you- sometimes you just have to let it go and move on and hope for the best. It has now been a year since my divorce and although the day it was finalized will probably be a day I always remember I have to say it feels like forever ago. People told me the grass isn't always greener on the other side and I knew my decision was not going to be the easiest route, but looking back I am in a much better place mentally than I was a year or even two years ago. I am not going to lie and say it is not hard some days, but hard is different than unhappiness that doesn't end with a new day. We all have fears, we all will mess up and all make bad choices, but we all also have the ability (usually) to have another chance. It's up to you to have the life you want. Alright- done with my preachy thoughts on this Sunday... and to end here is a picture of my little love going grocery shopping with me- learning her vegetables and that food should come like this- not in a box or distorted- it's so important to learn things like this young! :)



So I was playing around with protein powder again since it is my favorite ingredient to bake with these days and I wanted something treat-like to share with my box people. Ironically these turned out to be no-bake but whatever! They were a hit with those that tried them. I made them small and thin on purpose because they are rich to me, but if you want them thicker, double the recipe!


"Peanut Butter" Chocolate Squares

(Printable Version)

- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp (divided) Nut or Sunbutter
- 2/3 Cup Mega-Chunk Enjoy- Life Chocolate (dairy free)
- Sea Salt (Optional)

1. Combine the oil, protein powder, and 1/4 cup of sunbutter until smooth. Spread into a parchment lined 8x8 pan. Put it in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.



2. Combine the chocolate and 1 Tbsp of sunbutter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and microwave again in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stirring often. 

3. Pour over the sunbutter mixture and sprinkle with sea salt. Place it back in the freezer for 20 min or the fridge for at least an hour before cutting into 16 equal squares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment