Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mug Cakes

This week when I told Charlie her dad was picking her up she cried, I told her she would have so much fun and I love her and I will miss her and she gets to see the big dogs... but nope, sobbed..didn't want me to leave. It's times like this that break my heart. I know it is for the best that I am happy and her dad is happy and she will grow up without fighting in a house and see what love is supposed to be like, but I am just wondering how often I have to tell myself that before I no longer feel guilt for the situation she didn't ask to be in. I am also wondering if this part will ever get easier?

Back when I was reminiscing about my college days, I posted a recipe before for a Protein Pumpkin Mug Cake and it was pretty popular. I decided that it's okay that cavemen didn't have microwaves because sometimes you just need a single serving of dessert that won't ruin your hard work you put in all week.

I posted this one on Facebook this week and it was one of the most popular things I have posted, so I made another (see below) This particular Pumpkin Pie Mug Cake came about because I had extra pumpkin to use up and it a perfect serving for 1.5 people (my peanut and me) Just takes two minutes in the microwave- cavemen had those, right? Hehe



Pumpkin Pie Mug Cake

- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
(If it looks too dry add a small amount of milk)


1. Mix everything in a big coffee cup or mug


2. Microwave 2-3 minutes until it is done - when it's done it starts pulling away from the sides... It'll be really hot so be careful! And enjoy!

Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 198
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6 g9 %
Saturated Fat 3 g14 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186 mg62 %
Sodium 1515 mg63 %
Potassium 97 mg3 %
Total Carbohydrate 29 g10 %
Dietary Fiber 5 g20 %
Sugars 20 g
Protein 9 g17 %
Vitamin A146 %
Vitamin C5 %
Calcium7 %
Iron16 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
This next one I thought of because I wanted another one and didn't have pumpkin. This is by far my favorite... I am in love and everything you probably have on hand! 

Banana Cinnamon Mug Cake

- 1 Banana, I mash mine in the mug
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 HEAPING Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey, I used just a little less
- Pinch of Sea Salt
1. Mix everything in a microwave safe mug. Microwave for 2-3 minutes until it is pulling away from the sides. Enjoy!




Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 232
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2 g3 %
Saturated Fat 2 g8 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 1445 mg60 %
Potassium 551 mg16 %
Total Carbohydrate 55 g18 %
Dietary Fiber 9 g36 %
Sugars 31 g
Protein 3 g7 %
Vitamin A1 %
Vitamin C23 %
Calcium3 %
Iron14 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment