Saturday, January 3, 2015

"Peanut Butter" and Jelly Cookies

I got a couple really cool cooking things for Christmas this year. To top my list I got a brand new food processor from my parents... it is awesome! No longer will I battle and dread using my crappy one that got me through college until now- it is being donated to hopefully be "loved" by someone else. I have used it to make "Peanut Butter" Protein Bites for a friend and the cranberry dip for new years... I cannot wait to use all the attachments it came with!!!! The other cooking appliance I got was a dehydrator from Rudy- I started with pears and Charlie ate all of them (two whole pears) in one sitting. I want to make jerky next but my store didn't have flank steak that looked ok so I am going to wait a week. In the mean time I am dehydrating everything else... so much fun.  


Next up! Raisins!! 


These little gems got some rave reviews from the testers at the box. I think the jelly really helps give them a different texture/flavor and the normally drier paleo cookie could use some moisture. I think I am getting pretty good at baking with protein powder :) The pumpkin in this is purely for moisture- you won't taste pumpkin at all. 

"Peanut Butter" and Jelly Cookies

(Printable Version)

makes ~35 cookies

- 1/2+ Cup Chocolate Protein Powder (heaping)
- 1 Cup Sunbutter (or any nut butter)
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Instant Coffee Granules
- Jelly of your choosing-- I just used frozen raspberries heated and mashed with a little honey.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

1. Whisk all of the ingredients together until smooth. 



2. On a parchment lined, or greased, cookie sheet make tablespoon-sized mounds of batter. Using the back of a spoon, and a "swirl" movement, flatten slightly and create small holes in the middle of each mound.



 Fill each hole with about 1 tsp of jelly. 



3. Bake 12-15 minutes, let them cool before enjoying! 



Servings 35.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 78
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4 g6 %
Saturated Fat 1 g3 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12 mg4 %
Sodium 217 mg9 %
Potassium 21 mg1 %
Total Carbohydrate 7 g2 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g5 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 3 g5 %
Vitamin A0 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium1 %
Iron3 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment