Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Spiced Banana Pancakes (made in the blender!)

Breakfast for dinner is a common theme in my house. 1) It's easy 2) It's fast and 3) I like breakfast foods. :) Charlie has been "helping" me a lot more and I am happy to have her with me versus sitting in front of the T.V. or playing by herself while I cook.


For this recipe she poured ingredients into the blender for me. To do the eggs I crack them into a measuring cup and then she pours them in. She is also in charge of peeling bananas.


 She's only 2 years old, so if you think you're kid is too young to help in the kitchen, don't underestimate what they can do. She also practiced her knife skills and I made her a Mickey Mouse pancake.

Spiced Banana Pancakes

- 1/3 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds (or 1/2 cup Almond Flour)
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (heaping)
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt

1. In a high-powdered blender, pulse the seeds on high, stopping to mix occasionally, until they resemble flour. (Omit this step if you are using Almond Flour)
2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.


3. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Grease it with butter or coconut oil. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake, flipping once when bubbles appear on the top (about 5-7 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment