Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Chocolate Protein Pumpkin Cookies

I turned my mug cake into a cookie. Yep, I did. I think it is my way of making myself feel better about eating dessert if I know there is protein in it... that and I had pumpkin puree to use up. I really thought I would steer clear of the pumpkin recipes, but it's so cheap right now and one does get sick of banana in everything. I have been eating these all week as my mid-morning snack with my coffee... yum!

Chocolate Protein Pumpkin Cookies

(Printable Version)

- 3/4 Cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar (or honey probably)
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 Cup Seed or Nut Butter (I used Sunbutter)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Non-Dairy Mini Chocolate Chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

1. Mix everything, except chocolate chips, in a bowl until combined.
2. Add the chocolate chip and stir again- the batter will be thick.


3. Using a tablespoon, scoop dough onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. You can put these cookies close together because they don't spread out. One batch makes about 15 cookies.


4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until they puff up and crack slightly on the top. Cool and enjoy. I stored mine in an airtight container in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment