Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Buffalo Broccoli and Cauliflower

I don't know the last time I drank pop... just not my thing... plus it is completely terrible for you and my cross country coach in high school instilled in me to hardly drink it so I still don't. So this is what my fridge beverage section looks like in case you cared- don't worry, the wine is kept elsewhere. :)


I am still trying to eat more vegetables so when some of my CrossFit ladies were talking about what buffalo sauce at a restaurant is usually made of (Franks and Butter) I thought why not try that on some roasted vegetables??? Turns out it is mighty tasty- maybe with some ranch or bleu cheese...???...oh wait, that defeats the healthy eating. But I am thinking some crispy bacon next time would really be fantastic.

                                               

Buffalo Broccoli and Cauliflower

- 1 Head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Bunch of Broccoli, about 3 stalks, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (or grass-fed buter)
- 1/4 Cup Hot Sauce (I used Franks)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 

1. On a large baking sheet, toss the broccoli and cauliflower in the oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes. 

2. In a sauce pan, melt the oil and hot sauce together. Toss with the vegetables and put them back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment