Friday, August 8, 2014

Banana Streusel Muffins

Three more weeks and I go back to work...boo! I am lesson planning while Charlie naps these days and I am at the point where I need to make lists of what I need to do because I am already getting overwhelmed. Today I tried out one of my new muffin recipes with some much needed coffee after my morning workout and got to work. 100 burpees is always a good way to start the day, right?


These are Paleo, nut-free, dairy-free and very moist and tasty. Store them in the fridge in an airtight container and they should be good for a week. If you don't like or can't have flaxseed just omit it.

Banana Streusel Muffins

(Printable Version)

 (makes 12 muffins)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 2 Very Ripe Bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk (or water)
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Enjoy Life (dairy free) mini Chocolate Chips

Topping
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. Mash the bananas and whisk the eggs, banana, oil, honey, and vanilla together.
2. You could use a separate bowl to whisk the remaining dry ingredients together (except chocolate chips) ---or don't use a separate bowl and just throw everything in which is what I do because I am lazy and don't want more dishes- and add the dry ingredients to the wet. Whisk until really well combined.
3. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
4. Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin, filling each about 1/2-2/3 full. Top with a very small amount of the streusel topping.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment