Monday, June 9, 2014

Paleo Nut-butter Blondies

Ok I will now admit a few things... first, I hate wall balls. I seriously hate them. I want to give up after like 4, not even kidding. Secondly, I am in love with Lululemon. We all have our weaknesses and that is mine. At least I workout in the clothes, right? Current obsession, studio pants. I wore them to work today and fell in love. I also got them for my babysitter because they are seriously awesome. My mom has them in every color...see where I get it? Lastly, this is my first time baking without using another paleo recipe as a major base. I had to do some research to figure out what conversions are possible and what you need to do when baking paleo so it doesn't fall apart and turn into dry crumbles. I will now share with you some important pointers... :) you're welcome.


When substituting coconut or almond flour for all purpose use the general ratio of 1/3 cup Coconut/Almond flour for 1 cup All-purpose flour. Coconut flour especially is incredibly absorbent and needs a lot of liquid. Use about equal amounts of liquid for flour. For example, I used 1/3 cup of Coconut Flour in this recipe so I used 1/4 cup of melted butter plus 2 Tbsp of milk. You must also use eggs... makes the dish more moist and is important for binding everything. Learn something? Good. Now make your favorite recipes paleo. :)

Paleo Nut-Butter Blondies

(Printable Version)


- 1/3 Cup Coconut (or Almond) Flour
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup melted butter, fat-solids removed, or use ghee
- 1/3 Cup Nut-butter (I used sunbutter)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Non-dairy Chocolate Chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

1. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
2. Add the vanilla, butter, eggs, nutbutter and milk. Mix by hand again until well combined.


3. Stir in the chocolate chips.


4. Pour batter into a greased 8"x8" baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes (on the longer end for glass) until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool and cut.




No comments:

Post a Comment