Sunday, June 8, 2014

Honey Chipotle Chicken with Grilled Sweet Potato Pouches

Charlie and I went to a dog and cat adoption event yesterday. It completely killed me not to get a dog. I realize that now is not the time for me to have one, I get it, doesn't mean I didn't really want one. Maybe in a year we will adopt... sigh. I will forever fail to understand people that hurt animals though and wish I could save them all.


Ahhh Sunday.... watching Food Network and typing this. The last Sunday until September that I will spend hours cooking so I don't have to cook during the week. It isn't that I don't like cooking, obviously, I just usually don't have the time. I also realize it is impractical for most people to spend hours cooking unless you have a support system to watch babies for you, no babies, or older babies who are off doing their own thing. I always feel like you should do what works for you and everyone will be different. If eating clean is your goal than spending the time to prep and cook food, spending a little more on your grocery bill should be a priority and you'll make it happen. Anyone can make excuses. I love the people that pin a bunch of workouts on Pinterest followed by a million dessert recipes... stop pinning and start doing! Well not all the desserts, but maybe the workouts :)

All my meat marinating and ready to go... plus my toes :)


Two different recipes today... I was grilling a lot and wanted to use chicken because steak gets expensive and I wanted to mix it up. The sweet potatoes don't necessarily go with the chicken, but they don't necessarily not go either.

Honey Chipotle Chicken


- 3-4 Chicken Breasts (1.5-2lbs)
- 1/4 Cup Oil (I used grapeseed)
- 1-2 Chipotles in Adobe, chopping... careful- these are hot!
- 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt and Pepper

1. Whisk all of the ingredients besides the chicken. Marinate the chicken at least a few hours or overnight. 

2. Place on a grill pre-heated to Medium-High heat. 3-5 Minutes per side.

Grilled Sweet Potato Pouches


- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled, diced in 1/2-1 inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet Onion, halved and roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper


1. Put half a sweet potato, 1/4 of the total, on a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Mix with 1/4 of the onion and top with a tablespoon of butter, 1/8 tsp Cayenne, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. Roll up tightly and repeat with the rest of the ingredients. (Makes 4)


2. Place pouches on a grill over Medium- High heat for 20-30 minutes.








No comments:

Post a Comment