Friday, June 13, 2014

Bleu Cheese Burgers

School is out for summer! Yay! It never really hits me until Monday morning when I don't have to get up... well not before 5am anyway. I am ready to be at home with my little girl. I know, I get it, teachers have it easy, we only work until 3pm (hahahaha!), we get summers off, etc. My response to that is always "you could have been a teacher." To which I get things like "they don't make enough" "I could never work with kids""Ugh, no"... ok then don't have your summers off and don't complain to me. :)


Tonight while I was grilling Charlie and Henry (my sister's dog) went for a swim... ahhh summer!


Still on my grilling kick, I took inspiration from a WildTree party my sister, mom, and pretty much all the women I work out with went to except me. They made bleu cheese burgers so I decided I could make something similar on my own. You could easily use a different cheese, but I think the bleu cheese holds up well to grilling and the cheese on the outside has a different texture than the cheese on the inside so good! I ate mine on top of lettuce from my garden pots... I have quite the harvest for my first time cutting the lettuce.

 Bleu Cheese Burgers


- 1 lb Grass-fed Ground Beef
- 1/4 Cup Bleu Cheese- read the label- look for milk that isn't pasteurized- it shouldn't be 
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce 
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Oil

1. Mix everything together until well combined. Don't overmix- it will toughen the meat. Form four patties, flatten and indent the middle so it creates a flat burger when cooked.
2. Preheat the grill and cook 5-10 minutes (ish) on each side depending on how you like your burgers cooked and how hot your grill is. 
3. For the zucchini, I just cut it in half, tossed it in oil, salt and pepper and cooked it on the grill for a few minutes on each side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment