Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Yogurt- Fruit Popsicles

One of our favorite summer activities is to go to the zoo. It opens at 9am which works well since we get up at 6am! It's fairly empty at that time, even on a nice day, and we are gone by 11am- beating school buses of kids that arrive then. Mornings feel long for me so it's perfect to get out for a few hours- she is worn out, she loves the animals, and I love that we are outside- I get asked a lot why I am so tan...this would be why... outside is the best place to be in the summer in Michigan. :) At the zoo, since we go every week, we try to visit different parts... Charlie's favorite part by far is the train... she would ride it all day and we have to go on it every single time we go. 



My only complaint with the zoo this year has to be the passes... we bought a season pass and the type that fit us most was the "single parent" pass. Now I may be being a little sensitive, but it hurts to see "single parent" printed on a card. I know that is what I am, but it's still not something that people look at in the best light (correct or not on their part) and I hate thinking it is a separate category- we aren't a "family" like the other passes. I asked another friend ,who is a single parent, and she agreed it was fairly insensitive. Just saying.



But it is what it is and I am what I am...and Charlie would be the first one to tell you that I'm her family- a family of two. :) 



We take a picture by the elephant every year so capture her changes.


Popsicles are a great summer treat and snack. It's strawberry season in Michigan and although we didn't pick any this year (oops!) I couldn't help but buy the local ones someone else graciously picked. Any fresh fruit would work in these, but why not stay seasonal and local? 


Yogurt-Fruit Popsicles

(Makes 6 popsicles)

- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 2 Cups Fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 1+ Tbsp Raw Honey (depends on your fruit and yogurt)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder- You can omit this but why? :)
- 1/4 Cup Milk *More if needed to thin

1. Blend all of the ingredients until smooth. Taste to see if you need to add more honey. If you think it is too thick, remember it's going to be frozen so it's not a huge deal if it is... add a splash of milk and blend again.





2. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze 30min+. Run the mold under hot water when you want to eat one... I have broken a few molds not doing that!


No comments:

Post a Comment