Saturday, May 10, 2014

If Elvis were Paleo Protein Pancakes

It's Mother's Day weekend... This day gives me mixed emotions. On the one hand I have an incredible relationship with my own mother and will have a special bond with my own daughter because it's just her and me most of the time. Leading me to my other emotion on this day... It's just her and me. There's no one going to get up with her at 6am so I can sleep in, there's no one going to bring me my stupid expensive Starbucks drink in bed, my almost two year old is not going to have anything planned to celebrate me. But that's ok. I chose my current life situation because it is what is better for us- yes, it's hard sometimes and yea I would like to sleep in tomorrow but more importantly I get to be with the only reason the day is about me at all. I don't feel bad for me. I have some amazing people in my life who will unnecessarily get me a card or say something sweet and it is all very much appreciated. I hope you enjoy the day with your own mom, happy Mother's Day if you are a mom, even you doggy moms are doing a great job!


I felt like trying out some protein pancakes this morning and deviating from my normal routine. I made a bunch of bacon to use in other recipes and then made these. I would say compared to the original pancake I am used to they are much more filling, a lot more dense. But overall flavor is pretty darn good. I think I may use them as buns for stuff in the future. I also have banana cream protein powder I am dead set on using up...  Not a fan of it just plain!



If Elvis were Paleo Protein Pancakes

(Printable Version) 

Makes 5-6 pancakes

-2 scoops Protein Powder (I used banana cream)
- 2 eggs
- 2 very Ripe Bananas
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tblsp Non-dairy Milk
- pinch of salt
Toppings:
- bacon
- banana
- nut butter (I used sun butter)

1. Mix all of the ingredients except the toppings in a bowl.
2. Heat a skilled over medium heat and grease with butter or coconut oil.  Add about a 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Cook,checking occasionally and flip once.
3. Top with the toppings and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment