Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas

There's something incredibly special about having a twin sister. Ours names don't match, we were encouraged to try things apart from either other and we weren't dressed alike... We are definitely our own versions of the same genetic information but I would say the best way to describe us is perfect compliments of each other. Before college we had never been apart more than a week in our lives. She went to Albion College and I went to Michigan State University... That lasted a grand total of one semester before she transferred to be with me. We have always said that any man who dates us is lucky to just be second because she will always be my number one. More stories about Mara in the future I'm sure!
 

She was my babysitter today so I could get a workout in... 4 RFT: 400m run, 6 muscle ups. All of our words have a 20 min time cap and I was just shy of finishing my muscle ups at the time cap. Since I just started stringing them together I'm not too upset... Just happy I did it! Mara and Charlotte (she won't call her Charlie) played outside because it was finally nice out and I decided to make her one of her favorite foods before she was paleo only this was the paleo version and had pecans instead of peanuts. I keep frozen bananas in my fridge so I used those, but this works with non-frozen bananas as well.

Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas 
- 1/2 banana per person
- non- dairy chocolate chips (amount depends on number of bananas- I used half a 12oz bag for 2)
- Chopped pecans

1. Put bananas on skewers and into a freezer bag. Freeze for a few hours or many days.


2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Pull the bananas out right before dipping them in the chocolate. Roll them in the chocolate and sprinkle on pecans immediately. Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and freeze an hour or overnight.







No comments:

Post a Comment