Sunday, December 11, 2016

Meal Prep and Weekly Workouts (Vol 2) + Enchiladas

We got our first big snow of the season in South East Michigan. Charlie couldn't be happier, she has been waiting for this. I am trying to enjoy all of these moments this year and relax- everyone driving and in the stores seems to need to take it down a notch and I can't take it. We did almost all our Christmas shopping online. I love Amazon Prime- two day free shipping? What could be better. I also found some of the kids' kitchen stuff I loved in Pottery Barn Kids on Amazon- literally the same things (made by Hape if you are interested)- for a fraction of the price... woohoo! 



Update on me- I met with my OB doctor this week- for the last time until I am pregnant again. And although we need to see a high-risk doctor still, it's a good feeling to start moving forward in that aspect. Am I still bitter and sad? Of course, and the holidays right now don't help, but at least with clearance medically, Matt and I can talk about trying again. I know different people need more time or feel differently- it is harder to heal emotionally than physically- but no amount of time will change some of my feelings from this experience. I have a completely new perspective on a lot of things. I also know it might not happen right away, but having something to hope for and dream about again is so much better than feeling like you are in a purgatory of waiting while everyone else gets pregnant around you. I know it is not everyone, but from talking to my support group and friends in a similar situation it feels like everyone is. :) 



Weekly Workouts:

I did more workouts this week day-wise because I didn't have a lot of time- so strength and workouts were done on different days. Again, time was literally when I walked in until I left. I don't warm up a lot. :) 

Workout 1 (15 min)
WOD:
10 Min AMRAP
90 Wall Balls 14# to 10' target
30 Deadlifts @185#
10 Bar Muscle Ups


Workout 2 (30 minutes)
Strength: 
Hatch Squat Program Week 3 Day 1
Backsquat- 1x8 @65%, 1x8 @70%, 1x6 @80%, 1x6 @85%

Frontsquat- 1x5 @60%, 1x5 @70%, 1x5 @75%, 1x5 @80%

Workout 3 (1 Hour)
WOD: 
(curtesy of CrossFit Linchpin)
50 Double Unders
25 Bench @135/95#
50 Double Unders
25 Ring Rows- feet on box
50 Double Unders

5 Ring Muscle-ups

WOD 2:
EMOTMx10
5x3 PCPJ (5min)
5x2 Power Clean (5min)
*Increase load across all 10:00min

WOD 3:
5 Rds
25 Double Unders
5 Strict HSPU

Workout 4 (20 min)
WOD: 
10 Rds for time
8 American Kettlebell Swings @70lbs
5 Strict Hand-stand Pushups

Workout 5 (30 min)
Partner Workout: 

20:00 AMRAP
1:00 On/1:00 Off Alternating
200 Double Unders
150 Cal Erg or Bike
100 Deadlifts @185/123
50 HSPU
Mara and I did 1 + 203Rx

Workout 6 (1 hour)
"Fight Gone Bad"
3 Rds:
1 min Wall Balls 20/14lbs to 10' target
1 min Sumo Deadlift High-pulls @75#
1 min Box Jumps 20"
1 min Push-press @75#
1 min Row for Calories
1 min Rest

Hatch Squat Program Week 3 Day 2
Backsquat- 1x10 @60%, 1x10 @65%, 1x8 @70%, 1x8 @75%
Frontsquat- 1x5 @60%, 1x5 @65%, 2x5 @70%


Meal Prep

Matt and I kept it simple this week. We are also apparently carb-loading! We hosted dinner for some friends Saturday night and made homemade pasta and ravioli so we will be eating the leftovers this week- I keep pasta sauce I have made in big batches in the freezer to pull out when we need it, so that saves time. 

We also bought lunchmeat for sandwiches so that with the ravioli soup makes an excellent lunch!




On the Menu! (Less Than Two hours total not including making the pasta and breaded chicken the day before)


Spaghetti, Ravioli Soup, Breaded Baked Chicken, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Enchiladas, Taco Meat, Regular Baked Chicken, Stir-fried Veggies, Rice


How I did it:

I started with the taco meat- almost 8lbs of lean beef- in a large dutch oven over medium heat to brown. While that cooked I made enchilada sauce (recipe below). When the beef was cooked I added taco seasoning and turned off the heat. While my stove-items cooled I put my 9 chicken breasts in a glass baking dish, sprinkled with seasonings and they went into the over at 400 degrees for 30ish minutes depending on their thickness. With the chicken in the oven I assembled my enchiladas and got them in my other oven (if you don't have two ovens just have everything ready to go in as one dish comes out, no big deal.) Back to the stove- stir-fry veggies (frozen, from Costco) and cook the rice, peel and dice the sweet potato. Out comes everything from the oven, sweet potatoes go in, and I began portioning lunch containers. All done!




Homemade Enchiladas


(Makes 6 big ones)
The flavor is mild enough Charlie can enjoy these too- if you want to increase the heat, add some cayenne to the sauce!

The Sauce:
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 14.5-oz Can Tomato Sauce (no added sugar)
- 2 Cups+ Water

1. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add the oil, chili powder, and flour. Whisk until smooth and the sauce starts to turn a darker color. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Whisk until smooth and reduce the heat. Stir occasionally. The sauce will thicken in 5-10 minutes. If it is too thick for your preference, add more water, in this recipe thick sauce is good!

Other Ingredients:
- Tortillas (I try to find the low-carb, high fiber ones, 100 calories or less per tortilla)
- 1 lb Taco-seasoned Ground Beef, cooked
- Shredded Cheese

Extras:
Black Olives
Green Onion
Plain Greek Yogurt (or sour cream)
Shredded Lettuce
Salsa
Hot Sauce

Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees. 
1. In a 9x11" glass baking dish, pour about 1 Cup of sauce and spread it out. Assemble the tortillas like you should soft tacos-  beef and cheese, roll- place seam side down in the dish.


2. Pour the reaming sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 20 minutes until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment