Ok, food this week! Prep time this week was around 3 hours... mainly because things had to cook, simmer and cool in order to move on and there was a decent amount of chopping.
Crockpot Fall Stew
- 2 lbs Stew Beef, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 Cup Arrowroot Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 6-8 Golden Potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 Carrots, peeled and diced into large pieces
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce *(optional as it is usually not Paleo)
1. Place the beef at the bottom of the crockpot. Sprinkle with the flour and toss.
2. Place the veggies on top and pour/sprinkle the rest of the ingredients. No need to mix.
3. Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 5-6.
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Sauce- 1 lb Sausage, casings removed, or loose
- 1 Sweet Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 28 oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 10 oz Can Tomato Paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
1. Heat a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Drizzle in some olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook until translucent- about 5 minutes.
2. Add the sausage and cook through- break it up as much as possible as you go.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer about an hour. Taste for seasoning.
Meatballs- makes 36 meatballs- 1 lbs Grass-fed Ground Beef
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs * Optional
- Salt and Pepper
1. Mix everything in a large bowl. Using your hands, roll the balls (I made mine about the size of a golf ball)
2. In a large skillet, heat to medium high heat and drizzle in some oil. Cook the meatballs in batches, turning only a few times to get nice browning on the outside.
Tuna Cakes(Makes 32 Cakes)
This recipe was inspired by a Nom-Nom Paleo recipe. Here is the original post. I have used canned salmon and that works well too! I changed up a few things in the recipe based on what I had this week. This one is always a favorite and don't forget the spicy mayo! I also roasted broccoli and cooked rice to make this a more filling meal.
- 6 7-oz cans of Tuna, drained
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes, baked
- 3 Green Onions
- 3 Tbsp Lime or Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 2 Jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 Eggs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Mix everything REALLY well in a large bowl. Press into muffin greased or non-stick muffin pans. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Spicy Mayo- 2/3 Cup Avocado Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup + Frank's Red Hot
1. Using an immersion blender or your really strong arm and a whisk, blend all the ingredients except the hot sauce... once you have a pale color and it has thickened a bit, add the hot sauce and blend again. For extra heat I add a dash of cayenne. Store this in the fridge, it will thicken more but be so good served over warm tuna cakes.
Ingredient List____ 2 lbs Stew Beef
____1 lb Sausage, casings removed, or loose
____1 lbs Grass-fed Ground Beef
____6 7-oz cans of Tuna
____1/3 Cup Arrowroot Powder
____1 1/2 Cups Beef Stock
____ 1 Butternut Squash
____ 4 Large Sweet Potatoes
____ 6-8 Golden Potatoes
____ 4 Carrots
____ 3 Green Onions
____ 11/2 Sweet Onion
____ 4 Cloves Garlic
____ 2 Jalapenos
____ Black Pepper
____ Garlic Powder
____ Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
____ 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce *(optional as it is usually not Paleo)
____ 28 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
____ 28 oz Can Tomato Sauce* (watch for added sugar!)
____ 10 oz Can Tomato Paste
____ 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
____ 10 Eggs
____ Gluten Free Bread Crumbs * Optional
____ 3 Tbsp Lime or Lemon Juice
____ 1/4 Cup Butter, melted