Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Balsamic Marinated Steak

Today was the first day of school for a lot of public school kids across the country. All the first day of school pictures are so cute. Education is definitely changing and there are so many options for parents and kids: private, home-schooling, virtual, hybrid, traditional... wow! Not many other countries have such options and a lot of the options are free. Whatever school-choice people make I would just like to say welcome back... and have a great year to my fellow teachers! Charlie and I spent our last day together before I headed back to work at the dairy farm. 


I am getting my grilling in before the weather decides it is done cooperating in Michigan. I am not one of those people who is going to be standing in the snow grilling, but if you are I commend you. I used skirt steak in this recipe because I couldn't find flank steak on the day I went to the store but either would work great. I ate mine with roasted broccoli I made the same time I was roasting broccoli for the wild rice and broccoli recipe. 


 Balsamic Marinated Steak
- 1.5-2 lbs Flank/Skirt Steak
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Aminos or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Mustard (I used dijon)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Honey (optional)

1. Whisk the ingredients, aside from the steak, together. 
2. Add the steak to the marinade and flip it a few times so it is covered. Store in the fridge, covered, for at least 8 hours or overnight. 
3. Over medium-high heat, grill the steak to your temperature preference, flipping once. Let the steak rest before cutting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment